ACT New Corporate Identity
As part its overall strategic business development plan, ACT develops & launches its new corporate identity, communication materials and mediums.
ACT Regional Expansion
Completes Phase 1 of its regional expansion plans by setting up an agency agreement in Oman.
Delivery of the PUQ – A Guinness world record
• ACT was the approved coating applicator for the massive PUQ deck on the Golden Eagle Area Development offshore platform.
• Weighing in at 13,191.98 tonnes, the delivery of the deck was recorded as a
new Guinness world record for the 'Heaviest load moved by self-propelled modular trailers (SPMTs).
Passive Fireproofing (PFP) - Nexon/Laggan Projects
• Between 2012-14, ACT provided a record 52,035 sqm of Passive Fireproofing on two projects using over 670 tons of intumescent fireproofing material (Chartek) in the process.
• The Nexon project was the larger of these two key projects with a PFP area of 33,235 sqm, while the Laggan project - completed in only 5 months - had a PFP area of 18,800 sqm.
ACT HQ Relocates
ACT HO relocates to the new award-winning O-14 Building in Business Bay to better manage future expansion plans.
New Hamriyah Facility
ACT opened its record 23,000 sqm fabrication and painting facility at Hamriyah Phase II.
ACT Abu Dhabi Office
Established a dedicated Abu Dhabi office company to improve operations in the Capital.
Lamprell Energy commissioned ACT for the surface preparation and coating for their new 51,000 sqm facility in Sharjah's Hamriyah Free Zone.
GSF Rig Refurbishment
• Painted four rigs concurrently - a total area of 225,000 m2 - in a record time of 4 months.
• Including erection & dismantling of special scaffolding and painting - for 9 legs - in a record time of 2 months.
Maersk Valiant - Water blasting & painting to Derrick
(above the monkey board)
• Successfully painted a drilling derrick while the rig was offshore and operational.
• Despite the extremely hazardous nature of the project (including the offshore erection and dismantling of the scaffolding) it was completed on time and without a single incident.
GSF Rig Santa Fe 127
• In 1998 ACT was the first company in this area to successfully convert eight preload tanks from soft coating (eureka) to hard coating.
• We developed our own procedures to complete the job, and the finished project successfully met & passed the guarantee period (jointly guaranteed by ACT and Jotun) without any issues.